Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pastor's Conference in Kasubi - April 7th

After an adventure filled drive to Kasubi where the Pastor's conference and ordinations are taking place, Cindy and P. Roy taught the Pastor's and their spouses. It was a blessed time to get to encourage these Pastors and more importantly to hear them share their greatest challenges in ministry. While many of their answers spoke to a lack of resources, they shared some things that are very similar to our challenges in the U.S. We left with a clear idea that not only were we able to pour into their lives, but they added to ours in a significant way by simply sharing their hearts with us.

Another blessing was seeing our brother Moses Abasoola again. He hosted us for the day. We got to eat lunch with Moses and Tim - Matooki and beef. Matooki is plantain (like a banana that is steamed in a banana husk. It was very good. It was such a humbling experience to be treated like royalty. I will now give way to Cindy,

P. Roy

Hi, Cindy here!!!

Well, speaking to men is not my favorite thing, but it was a mixed group and Tim said go ahead, they are easy and they all want to learn. I had a talk put together from Psalm 9 for the ladies but it was really non gender. I wrapped it up with the idea that we have a benefit of knowing God, we can be satisfied, no matter what is going on. We can praise Him and do these people know how to praise!!! Many of the songs, I did not know the words but I felt the Love and Praise to our Lord and Saviour. When I praise I like to close my eyes and I did from time to time but I wanted to see and remember their beautiful smiling faces!!! To God be the Glory!!!

Roy and I got a tour of the school, the children are so beautiful and some of them came up and said "Your welcome"!!! Such a great day and such a gift from God to love and be loved by these precious people! We all get to go there tomorrow and be a part of an ordination. It looks like Molly and her Compassion sister with my help will do a mural in the church. Blessings, thanks for all the prayers!!!!

Joyce here. The rest of us got to enjoy an afternoon in a market area. It was difficult at first to get the hang of the currency exhange and then the "haggling". But. . . once we figured it out, we had a very good time buying all sorts of things that would have cost 3-4 times as much at home. I could hardly carry all that $50.00 could buy. The people were very nice and welcoming.

2 comments:

  1. More reflections from Roy:
    "Today was a challenge for some as they visited some TAPP homes as well as some other visitation. It was hard for them to go into a home that is 5'x5' and see some extreme poverty. Though I enjoyed being at the Pastor's conference teaching and helping with the ordination service, I feel like I've missed some eye opening experiences. Hopefully I will be able to experience some of that while in the village. It's incredibly humbling to be viewed as a "celebrity" of sorts just because I am a pastor from the States. No one deserves the royal treatment that I and others are getting.

    Thank you for our prayers. Please pray that I can sleep tonight. I only got a few hours sleep last night - why? I don't know, but if I don't tonight, I'm concerned about whether I will sleep well in the village. We did find out that we will be sleeping in a house, but my picture of a house and reality are probably not even close..."
    The time zone is seven hours ahead of us at home, pray that the Team will get the rest they need in order to cope with the things they are experiencing.
    To the Team: enjoy that sunshine! We are expecting snow tomorrow. :0
    Tell Cindy: the Forsythia burst into bloom Tuesday...you would love it!
    To All: we love you and are so proud of you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit vicariously through all of you! What you are doing is so amazing to me. So proud of all of you and love that I found this page. Joyce you didn't tell me it was here. Check out Leah's facebook. We have a picture of our baby and she is further along than expected. Looks like Oct.30th due date:) My heart is ready to burst with the joy I feel, it has been such a long dry spell that I can't contain it. God is so wonderful and generous! PS...Barlow is great too.Love Julie

    ReplyDelete